I’m Jody King-Colegrove with Quantum Techniques. I want to discuss a book that I have found very interesting. It is Food: What The Heck Should We Eat? By Mark Hyman. I own many of his cookbooks, and I really like his recipes. There are some super recipes for wholesome soups and salads, and many other dishes, that I enjoy preparing. It’s easy and fun and I highly recommend his books. His latest book is extraordinarily interesting and useful and I’d like to share some of his key principles:
- Eat a diet that has a very low glycemic load, which means minimal sugar, flour and refined carbohydrates.
- Eat mostly fruits and vegetables that have a great variety of color. That’s what I’m working on right now – trying a variety of different vegetables to see which ones my family likes and experimenting with different methods of preparation to see if it changes their enjoyment of the veggies. It’s a fun task!
- Eat a diet that is low in pesticides, antibiotics, hormones and very little, if any, GMOs. Staying away from chemicals, additives, preservatives, dyes, MSG and artificial sweeteners is imperative.
- Eat quality fats that include omega-3 fats, such as olive oils, nuts, seeds and avocados.
- Make sure to get enough protein for adequate appetite control, muscle synthesis and brain function. For example, if my dad doesn’t eat enough protein, he gets a headache. It’s very important to have enough protein in your diet in order to maintain requirements for the entire day. At QT we can test to discover how many grams you should ingest at breakfast, lunch and dinner.
- Eat organic, local, fresh, grass-fed meats.
The benefits of adhering to these principles is losing weight, gaining energy and increasing mental clarity. There are lots of great ways to eat more healthy, but I definitely recommend reading Dr. Mark Hyman’s book.
If you’d like more information, check us out at quantumtechniques.com. Our practitioners can do a session with you to find out what foods you should be eating for optimal health. Blessings from Quantum Techniques.