Welcome back! In the first part of this article, I listed the first 5 things you can do on your own to beat depression fast. They are: getting grounded, checking for hidden food toxins, treating an underlying fungal infection, doing a magnesium oil massage or foot bath, and get moving. Without further delay, here is the second part of this article. As always, muscle-test if any of the suggestions test beneficial for you before you try them at home.
In no particular order, here are the final 5 simple things you can do to beat depression on your own and fast:
- Earthing. This is another way to ground. Who knew that the simple act of rubbing your soles of your feet with the ground has many beneficial health benefits? Did you know Earthing helps with cases of the blues? According to Tracy Katz, M.D., an integrative psychiatrist who specializes in energy work and psychiatry of Shift Your Life, she reported “good reponses” when recommending Earthing to her patients with depression. Earthing “can assist with stabilizing serotonin levels,” she wrote because it “decreases cortisol (an anxiety-inducing hormone).” High cortisol levels mean your body is in constant sympathetic overdrive or fight or flight when there’s no apparent danger. The simplest and (free!) way to Earth is to walk barefoot on dirt or grass, but if you’re uncomfortable with this method, sleeping on Earthing sheets or using other Earthing products can help. Choose one your body needs. This will also help you sleep better and heal faster, too.
- Check your teeth for metals–In his book It’s All in Your Head: The Link Between Mercury Amalgams and Illness, Dr. Hal Huggins found that those who “have depression and suicidal thoughts, tend to have more fillings with negative electrical current.” If you have more than one mercury laden fillings in your teeth, it’s imperative to know which one has the highest negative charge and to have the mercury removed sequentially (from the highest to lowest negative, and then positive charge) when you’re physical and emotionally able to by a qualified biological dentist. In the 1,320 patients studied, “constant or very frequent periods of depression” were reported to be the second most frequent symptoms patients complained of after “unexplained irritability” that were considered to be dental related. Many cases of people with chronic illnesses showed marked improvement after they’ve had their dental amalgams removed. This is another reason why if you have metals in your mouth, it’s a good idea to rule that causative factor out.
- Add flower essence(s) to your core regimen—“Flower essences are energetic imprints of the life force of plants which interact with these subtle bodies of the human being,” according to Flower Essences Services. In Five Clinical Studies Demonstrate the Effectiveness of Flower Essence Therapy, the studies concluded that flower essences are helpful in resolving mild to moderate depression. Since we’re all different, there isn’t one standardized remedy to treat depression that will work the majority of the times therefore, when using flower essences, “selecting the particular flower essence combination that will empower the individual to change,“ according to the study report, is the way to go. Since there are many flower essences to choose from, you might want to start with the original Bach flower essences like mustard, elm, sweet chestnut, willow, gorse, gentian, larch that help with depression and move on to other exotic flower essences. The Bach Centre recommends using the classic interview technique to select a remedy and you can also go here to determine what you need. From my experience, and since times have changed, I like to muscle-test which of the 38 Bach flower essences, or a combination thereof, I might need since we all vary in the emotional state we’re in. It actually works.
- Establish a spiritual practice. This doesn’t mean that you need to belong to an organized religion or subscribe to a certain denomination. What’s important here is to have a spiritual practice that can help you stand firm when the going gets tough so you don’t easily falter. With the constant barrage of negativity, it’s easy to get bombarded with beliefs and lies that aren’t true about who you really are as a spiritual being having a human experience. When you don’t know the truth about who you are, it can lead you on a path you don’t want to tread on, and often, you don’t even know when you’re there. When you hit this so-called rock bottom, it can lead you deeper into fear and open you up to other vulnerabilities and outside influences. Establish a spiritual practice that helps you stay anchored. Check out Guy Finley and Vernon Howard if you haven’t or if you know of any others that help you immensely, go for it, and don’t forget to share that with us. I appreciate it!
- Buy the Healing Depression with Quantum Techniques Teleclinic— With engaging discussions in this depression teleclinic from Dr. Stephen and Beth Daniel, founders of Quantum Techniques (QT), a 22-page transcript, treatment codes to treat the various faces of depression, and a list of supplements and herbs you can muscle-test on your own to see what works for you, you’ll break out of depression in no time. If you’ve been following QT on Facebook, Twitter, or YouTube, you know that QT ran an encore presentation of this teleclinic back in August. If you missed it, this teleclinic is still available at the QT store for purchase. How does it get any better than that?
There you have them. This pretty much wraps up the second and final part of this article. Again, these are just simple things you can do on your own to beat depression and fast.
Remember that it’s normal to have an ebb and flow of positive and negative emotions and to even feel sadness and grief during a loss, but prolonged withdrawing and losing interest in life and having suicidal thoughts are not. Therefore, if you’re experiencing any depressive symptoms, it’s important to rule everything out as best as you can.
And don’t forget, a diet rich in good fats like Omega-3s from clean sources and getting plenty of sunshine to get your vitamin D naturally are helpful adjuncts to help you break out of depression as well. Please also feel free to share your own remedies that work for you by leaving your comments below. We look forward to hearing from you.
“If you are present, the painbody cannot feed anymore on your thoughts, or on other people’s reactions. You can simply observe it, and be the witness, be the space for it. Then gradually, its energy will decrease.” –Eckhart Tolle